Throughout the semester we frequently organise Data Science Meetups, where we invite speakers to share their recent projects, interesting papers or experiences. Moreover, we provide you insights fascinating companies and institutes, by offering workshops, and field trips. But what would all that be without being able to apply your skills? That’s why we host our two flagship events, the Datathon and Hack4Good.
- This event has passed.
ETH Store Hack-Day
Join a team competition in Data Analysis and help solving a real business case!
The 9th of October at ETH (location to be announced), you will get the chance to participate in an exciting Data Analysis challenge.
We will divide you in teams of 3 people, and give you unprecedented access to the ETH Store data, a detailed record of the sales of its products during the last years.
You will choose between 2 challenges:
1. Trend Forecasting: how sales change over time? Which parameters govern these changes? Is there any seasonality on the data?
2. Market Basket Analysis: which products are usually sold together? How would we arrange the products in the store to increase the sales?
If you are still wondering if you should apply, the followings are very good reasons that will convince you once for all!
– Getting involved in a 6 hours exciting challenge
– Applying your knowledge to a real business case
– Developing team-working and leadership skills
– Receiving gifts from the ETH Store
– Getting free lunch and beers
– Networking with great people
Register here before the 5th of October!
COVID restrictions: According to the last ETH guidelines, only students with a certificate can participate in this event.